Things I have learned the past year (in no particular order):
- In what feels like a blink of an eye, your “baby” will be only 12 inches shorter than you.
- Working day shift does not fit with my body, but it fits best with my family. I HATE waking up before everyone else (to an alarm) and leaving all my loves in bed sleeping.
- You can actually get stronger the older you get. Yea!!!!
- You can only get faster, by going faster. “Just riding” your bike is really just time in the saddle.
- You can only improve on climbing hills by doing them. Crap!
- Long cardio sessions will NOT make you more fit.
- It is important to weight train.
- Surround yourself with like-minded, inspiring people. It is impossible to not want to improve or make changes when you do this. Impossible.
- My house will never be clean. BUT, on my death-bed, I am pretty certain I will not care about that. I will hopefully be grateful for the life I LIVED.
- Running actually did make me a better cyclist. Now I am wishing I would have kept up the mileage throughout the winter. 😦 Running (for me) improves my endurance.
- Do ONE thing every day to create a lasting memory for your children.
- Show the people you love that you love them. Even. When. You. Are. Angry.
- Paleo is the right way to eat for my body. Probably yours too, but you just havent’ come to terms with it yet 🙂 Trust me. I get it. I like bread. (Now it is a huge treat.)
- Birthdays aren’t as much fun the older you get. Not because of the age, but because you have more responsibilities with kids, housework, jobs, etc… It really isn’t about YOU all day. It is about YOU and all the people who LOVE YOU the most, and that is okay. In fact, it is great.
- I am healthier, stronger and a better person than I was in my 20’s.
- I plan to be stronger and more fit next year. I am going to kick my last year of being in my thirties booty!
- I am surrounded by love.
- Last, but not least, bike racing is bad ass 🙂