One of my friend’s posted a link to a blog today that was titled
“25 Things I Don’t Want You To Know About Me”. It was like driving by the scene of an accident or someone at work saying “That is so gross!”, I had to look. Here it is for your viewing pleasure: http://shalommama.com/25-things-i-dont-want-you-to-know-about-me
This had me thinking… I filled out one of those “notes” on FB. ( Back on Jan. 29, 2009 to be exact) BUT, I couldn’t remember what I wrote. I had to read it again! Most things still ring true…other than #19 (My Grandma died in March of 2009.), #23 ( I also would add being in Breckenridge, CO to that list.), #17 (I still only have one tattoo.), and #16 (Ryan hasn’t gotten any tickets in a few years either. OR at least none that I am aware of 🙂 )
So, here it is circa 2009 FB:
25 Random Things About Me
1. I played the clarinet for 8 years, but the whole time longed to play the saxophone.
2. I was valedictorian of my 8th grade class.
3. I was born with two uteri, and lost one with my last delivery. Each of my kids grew in a separate one… Rowan in the right and Carson in the left. Hey, how many people can say they had a partial hysterectomy, but can still get pregnant?!
4. My dogs feet smell like Fritos, and knowing this info doesn’t stop me from eating them. The Fritos, of course, not my dog’s feet…that would be gross:)
5. I knew I would marry Ryan the moment our eyes met. Yup, before we even talked to each other.
6. Saying that, I met Ryan at Champp’s in Eden Prairie. I was wasted!
7. I dream about hugging my dad, but always wake up when we are about to touch.
8. I know what it feels like to dance with my father at my wedding, even though he died 3 years prior.
9. I don’t like cake.
10. I never liked chocolate until I became pregnant with Rowan. Since that moment, I have eaten it every day.
11. I am afraid of the dark, spiders, ghosts, bees, bats, and cancer.
12. I love watching my kids chew their food. It seriously is the cutest thing:)
13. Going to work at the ER is WAY less challenging than being a stay at home mom. But I love that I get to do both.
14. I will work in a NICU someday. Hopefully once my kids are in school and I can dedicate my time to learning again.
15. I gave birth to a 2 pound baby!
16. I have never gotten a ticket. Seriously, not speeding, parking, nadda! My husband makes up for it and that is why he pays for the car insurance- no questions asked!
17. I could easily be the fully tattooed girl…sleeves and all. I LOVE them, but only have one.
I think Ryan and I may get them for our anniversary this year. (please Ryan)
18. I have worked many jobs: cutting lawns for my dad’s landscaping business, baby-sitting, beer-cart girl at the golf course, filing girl at my mom’s office, cocktail waitress, retail clothing store, CNA at nursing home, ER tech while in nursing school, RN, and of course, full-time mom.
19. When I was young I would sometimes cry myself to sleep praying that my grandma Alice wouldn’t die. She wasn’t sick…I just never wanted to imagine life without her present. Now I cry myself to sleep praying she will die in her sleep. She will always have presence!
20. I had my first cavity when I was 20 years old. But I am still afraid of the dentist:(
21. I lied to the orthodontist about being in a wedding to get my braces off sooner. It worked, as long as I promised to wear my retainer daily. I never wore it other than to see him.
22. I smoked cigarettes for 10 years. YUCK! I am so glad I quit that nasty habit.
23. Our cabin in Eagle River, WI is my favorite place to find peace, silence, serenity, and good times with friends and family.
24. I long to be a better mom, wife, friend… couldn’t we all be better at these things?
25. I hope my children will look back on their youth with joy, admiration, and love.
Now I need to work on the train-wreck, car accident, can’t help but look edition (aka 25 Things I Don’t Want You To Know About Me). I know you can hardly wait, right?!